Bird Fire

In 1976 the proud 60′ tall mascot of the Chehalis store caught fire and was burned to a crisp. According to reports a car had an engine fire while driving between its legs. The fire jumped to the bird, which had been recently varnished. We have been told that the bird had a sprinkler system installed, but that it had been damaged due to freezing the previous winter and had not been repaired yet.

One thought on “Bird Fire

  1. My mother is actually friends with the former classmate of the daughter of the woman who’s car caused the fire. Fun fact!

Leave a Reply to Aiden Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *